Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 44 ~ Week ending July 28

Not too much to blog about this week.  We did another trip on the high-speed train to Shanghai to pick up the suits, the red coat, and the white shirts that we ordered last week.  Upon our arrival, we found that the sewing factory had been shut down for a day so our merchandise wasn't ready.  We shopped a bit more, and I found someone that we make me a very warm (fake) chenille coat.  It was quite the bartering feat, but I finally got them to an affordable price.  Stay tuned for a photo.  I think you will like my creation.

This awesome structure is being built right across the street from our apartment.  It is a huge building appropriately named "The Pants".  It is part of a huge mall that is being built.  There are also two more towers going up each side.  It will be fabulous when it is finished, but for me is it a great landmark because I can see it from all directions.  Although, I feel much more comfortable now and don't worry too much about just getting on the green bike to head to a store that I've noticed while out riding in a taxi.  The city is laid out pretty straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment