Saturday, November 30, 2013

Unexpected Trip to the USA ~ November 21

My mom found out that she had some cancer in her face and was to have some surgery on November 20.  After much deliberation with my dad, hubby, and sisters, I decided to go back and take care of her after her surgery.  It was easiest to fly into Salt Lake City and then I could have my sister, Lori, pick me up and take me to Orem.  From there I could drive mom and dad back to St. George.  My cousin, Karla Bergeson, had been helping my folks get everything taken care of before the actual surgery.  We really appreciated all her care and support.  I am sure they couldn't have done everything so quickly without her.  I've always professed to have the best family in the world.  Time and time again they remind me how great they are!!  

Also while visiting in November, I got to see my darling granddaughter Blakely.  She is such a cutie and even though I hadn't seen her since October, she wasn't too afraid of me and didn't cry too loudly.  She is such a good little baby.  Then my friend, Vicki Newton drove to St. George and spent the day with Brittany and I.  We had a great visit and she and I headed off to Kneaders for soup and sandwiches while the twins went down for a nap. 




Bottom Left:  Before selfie; Top Right:  After selfie.

Mom recovered quickly from her surgery and she was a hard one to keep down.  She has a lot of energy for a 79-year-old.   Once she was feeling better, we walked and chatted together. It was nice to just spend alone time with her and dad.   

One of my first stops was to see Natalie Stuart.  Even though the Chinese build amazing skyscrapers, they still haven’t figured out the art of adding blonde to hair.  (And as you can see by the pics, I still haven’t figured out the art of selfies.)

I celebrated Thanksgiving with Mom, Dad, Adam, Miles, Karla, and Eric.  I had to do most of the cooking with some supervising from my mom.  Dinner turned out great and we all stuffed ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment