Tuesday, November 12, 2013

October 2103

We filled our days full with activities as we enjoyed the beautiful fall weather.  We visited the Lion Grove Forest during Fall Festival.  It was so crowded it was hard to get around.  The rock formations are amazing.
We also enjoyed weekend bike trips around Jinji Hu.  It is about a 9-mile ride.   China has some really fun statutes. These flourscent ants are just a few that we see on a regular basis.
These pics are from our Suzhou Branch Halloween Party.  It has been a long time since I dressed up.  I was right in character with my witch costume.
 (Kathy Nimmer, Kevin & Effie Okeson; Bottom:  Heather & Michael Swope, Donn Nimmer)

October is also my birthday month.  This year, just like every other, Donn totally spoiled me.   For lunch we went to Honeymoon Desserts.  It is a Japanese restaurant that serves delicious desserts.  I always have a hard time choosing between my two favorite, so today I ordered both.  Then Donn took me to the Herborist Spa for a 90-minute oil and hot rock massage.  It was so amazing.  I felt guilty for enjoying myself so much.  Next time Donn is going with me.  My friend Jenni Kong made me a yummy cake.  she is so creative with her fondant.  

And last but not least a trip to my favorite restaurant, Teppanyaki.  We ate delicious pork, beef, chicken, rice and fried bananas.  This has been one of our best finds in Suzhou.

Meanwhile back in the USA, Miles celebrated his 2nd birthday and the kids all enjoyed Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment