Tuesday, December 11, 2012

November ~ Weeks 20 - 24

My weekly visits to the Wuzhong Orphanage continue.  My favorite orphan, Wu Ren, was adopted.  Apparently his adoptive parents lost their baby so they were able to take him home.  It was a bittersweet day.  So happy for him and his new family, so sad for me that I would never see him again.  (This is not the best picture of either of us as I personally took it on my cell phone, but it is the only one I have as we are not supposed to take pictures.  My son, Adam, taught me how to do it.)  The Wu in Ren's name is there because he came from the Wuzhong Orphanage.   You can see some of the other orphans on the back wall.  There are about 20 of them. 

Weekly visit to hold orphans.

One day when Johnnie was visiting, he treated us to a foot massage.  You caught me smiling here, but a lot of times I am grimacing as they massage too hard.  Donn is trying to teach me how to say softer, but I am not sure that helps.  They always make fun of my ugly toenails.  Thanks dad for passing that one to me.

Massage Therapist are known by their number, we had #6, #8, and #137.  My guy was #8.  He was good.
Our Thanksgiving here was fairly low-key.  Donn worked and I shopped with Effie to purchase some items for the dinner.  Effie was hosting 30 people at their home in Golden Lough.  I was making funeral potatoes, gravy, and marshmallow yams.  My yams were interesting though, because half of them were the bright orange and the rest were light yellow.  I purchased them at a vegetable market from the exact same spot.  Transporting the food proved it be quite a task.  We were going to have to ride the bus ~ 20 minutes.  She finally sent her driver and that worked much better.  She and Kevin had baked a ham, homemade rolls and pies, veggie and fruit trays, etc.  Everything was delicious. Afterwards we played some games, including Tricks and Pinocle.
Kat Nimmer, Effie Okeson, and Cheri Poland (@ Okeson's in Golden Lough)

Meanwhile back in the U.S.A.

Adam, Shannara and Miles head to the emergency room for Miles' first set of stitches.  It looks like he was a trouper.  But I am so sad when I see the big bump/bruise/gap!!   The pictures brought back many memories of taking my own two sons to get stitches.  There were many.  They were quite the tomboys!!



No comments:

Post a Comment