Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 4 (cont'd) ~ First Day Out By Myself

Donn headed off to work at the factory.  It really seems funny saying that as he has been in Education Management for such a long time.  Oops I got sidetracked . . .

Mall is FOUR levels.
Anyway, after Donn left to go to work, I decided that I would go out and see if I could find myself some Keds for exercising so I headed off towards the Rainbow shopping center.  I not only found it but also a DQ right next to it.   This is a huge four-level store.  Interestingly though it doesn't matter how big it was, there are still no size 9 shoes.  My foot size is a novelty here in China.  They are all very small.  I feel like an Amazon woman standing next to either male or female--gender doesn't make a difference.  Also very interesting to me is that there is a large grocery store inside this mall as well.  The prices seemed reasonable so I'm sure I will do some of my shopping there as well.








I stopped by the local DQ and had a delicious ice cream cone.  Cost:  .48 cents.  Very cheap!!

 After spending time at the mall, I headed to our local DVD store to pick up some new releases for Eric and Brittany.  The store owner is very helpful and even though he can't speak very good English, he has a computer and can type titles and know what I am looking for.  He does understand "good quality" and so far has been spot on.

I only got slightly lost, but there is a huge building going up called The Pants.  Once I found this I was able to get where I needed to go.  All in all my confidence level has grown.















1 comment:

  1. DVDS for E i like that. I love there nice creamy ice cream out there! GO DQ!!!

    ReplyDelete