Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 13 ~ Last Week's Activities

Well apparently I have come during monsoon season.  I have seen more rain since arriving than I saw in a year in Las Vegas.  I am quite chilly and wear a sweater most days.  They say that will change by July 1, and I will be really, really hot.  I'll keep you posted.  My pictures next week may show me in a bikini.  Just kidding.

Friday was Dragon Boat Races holiday, but Donn has decided that we will take the American holidays instead so that when we travel back to the states we will be there when our children are off as well.  So we headed off to the K2 Suzhou Factory.   The outside of the building was very dirty, but when you walked into our factory you could eat off the floor.  The ayi (a Chinese housekeeper) mops the factory floor twice a day.

For lunch we headed over the the only McDonald's in China that has a drive-through window.  As you can tell by the lack of cars, no one really understands how these work and no one uses them.  It is interesting because I have seen this McDonald's on a CNBC special.  They make a fruity drink there that is amazing. 



Friday night we went to a place called Jing located in InterContinental Hotel.  We went with Lim KS (project director who will oversee the building of the new K2 factory in Suzhou).  Lots of delicious foods from seven different countries.

Saturday morning Donn went and played basketball with some church members.  Then we walked down to In City Mall to return the power converter that we had purchased last Saturday.  They sold us a 110v to 220v.  We needed a 220 v to 110v.  I have been without my flat iron for many days.  Of course, with the humity, it doesn't really matter.  We were pleasantly surprised that they accepted our return as I had thrown the plastic cover away.

Saturday night we road the subway to a restaurant in downtown Suzhou called the Drunken Chef.  I ordered Macho Nachos and they were very good.  I love the subway here.  It is brand new and very clean.  Also much quicker than walking or getting a taxi.  I also think that I will be able to ride the subway by myself once I get the hang of it.  I will post a picture later.


2 comments:

  1. How reasonable is the McDonalds out there? I cant remember if it was cheaper or more expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, sounds like an adventure!!!! Fun reading about it! Keep smiling, or maybe glare back :) Jeanne (and Ron)

    ReplyDelete