Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Things I've Learned While Living in China . . .

As the time draws near and I anticipate returning to the USA, I want to share some things I've learned over the past three years:
  • There are no Fortune Cookies in China.
  • Shake your head and smile.
  • Reach deep because you are going to need to have patience.
  • Expat is meaningless in China.  Hang out with Branch members.
  • One can find Satan in China just as easily as anywhere else.  Don't ever let your guard down.
  • The grey area is the new black.
  • Partnerships have strong ROI.  Find joy with your spouse.
  • If we approach wisely our hardest times, they can become our most satisfying.
  • John Denver's song:  There is a Long and Winding Road.
  • Family is more important than any traveling I could ever do.
  • Even though I don't speak Chinese, I survived.
  • Anything I buy here will be broken shortly. 
  • There are the best juices to drink. 
  • Every meal is family style, so weight will be gained unless you eat with moderation.
Our life here has been filled with joy and happiness as well as struggles and pain.  It has been a more simplistic and less materialistic life.  In most ways very simple but not without difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment